Cannabis payment processing has taken a big step forward with the announcement of Fincann’s fully transparent and compliant merchant processing program. With compliant merchant processing through Fincann, you will appreciate 100% transparency with full bank and processor disclosure.
What is the Fincann merchant processing program?
Fincann’s merchant process program is a first-of-its-kind solution for plant-touching THC licensees like dispensaries, cultivators, and delivery services. Our program allows these merchants to accept debit cards in a compliant, transparent, and straightforward manner.
Our truly transparent merchant processing program is the first traditional, compliant, and legitimate card payment solution. No workarounds, no smoke and mirrors – just simple, frictionless, and secure payments to promote the sustainability of the industry. Transactions are for exact dollar amounts (as opposed to cashless ATM workarounds), which means no cash handling and costly mistakes, no customer confusion at checkout, and no need for drivers to carry any money.
Now you can accept payments like the rest of the world so you can focus on what you do best: growing your business.
Program highlights include:
- Fully endorsed and approved by the major debit networks
- Costs less than cash handling and transportation fees
- Full bank and processor disclosure
- No miscoding: actual DBA and business address are on the descriptor
- No “Out of Network” fees
- No convenience fees
- No contracts
- No early termination fees
- No annual fees
- No application fee
Fincann Merchant Processing vs. Cashless ATMs
Merchant processing is not the same as a cashless ATM, which is a workaround that many dispensaries have utilized. Unlike a typical card-based transaction, cashless ATMs appear to the bank as an ATM transaction, but in reality, the dispensary treats the transaction as a regular debit card swipe. Customers “withdraw” cash at the counter to cover their purchase (minus the ATM fee), and the cashier gives them the leftover cash as change. These transactions rely on deception, and oftentimes, these workarounds are quickly shut down once discovered by the bank.
Fincann’s fully compliant and transparent merchant processing system makes cashless ATMs obsolete. Here are some of the key differences:
Fincann merchant processing
- Sales are for the precise dollar amount of the purchase
- Customer does not pay convenience fee
- 100% transparent – full acquiring bank disclosure
- No cash handling
- Frictionless checkout process
- Sales, on average, increase 25%+ versus cashless ATMs or cash
- Seamless transition to credit cards when federal change allows
- No contract
- No early termination fees
- True DBA and business address on descriptor and receipts
- Fully transparent bank approved cannabis program
- Sales must be rounded up to the nearest $5 to $20
- Customer pays convenience fee and typically an out of network fee
- Acquiring bank not disclosed in most cases
- Dispensary associate must provide change
- Checkout requires explanation
- Sales, on average, increase 18% versus cash
- Requires new merchant account for credit cards when federal change allows
- 3 to 5 year contracts
- High early termination fees
- Disguised DBA and false address information is common
- Bank not aware of cannabis transactions or ATM placements
Fincann merchant processing program pricing
The fees for a standard Fincann merchant processing program are as follows:
- Interchange, plus 3.0% and $.35/transaction
- $30/month – includes account statement, PCI, and online reporting